Monday, June 18, 2012

What a difference a couple months make

I am sorry it has taken me this long to get back to the blog. Life got in the way and got very hectic. I am hoping things are mellow enough now that I can get back to the things I enjoy.

What a difference a couple of months make

this was taken just this evening. Look no snow!!!!!

A few updated on the homestead.
Skiffbaby got a clean bill of health for a while so that is off my mind now.
Probably not going to be doing any major renovations/ additions to the cabin this year. Boo :(
Had a brown bear get into my chicken coop this spring and kill 2 of my chickens and tear the door off the coop.

This is all that is left of my flock
My three poor hens were not producing enough eggs for our little family so we decided to get a "few" more hens...

This is what we ended up with
Eight little 10 week old "barnyard mix" hens. We really have not much of a clue of their actual breeding but they are supposed to be good layers. We are pretty sure at least one is a rooster but he will make great chicken and dumplings when the time comes. I have no interest in having a rooster again.

And a little update on my garden


I have those three planter boxes and the little pop up greenhouse. I love my planter boxes, BW made them for me out of some T&G cedar that we had for another project. They are beautiful and smell GREAT. The boxes have lettuce mixes, Swiss Chard and kale in them and the greenhouse have nine plum and slicer tomato plants. I will also be adding basil to the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment